Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dorian Gray (2009)

Dorian Gray
Directed by: Oliver Parker
Starring: Ben Barnes, Colin Firth, Rebecca Hall

Dorian Gray is loosely based on the Novel. The soul of the book is there but it's not a faithful adaptations. While I liked Ben Barnes performance as Dorian, his character lacked the intensity, volatility of Dorian in the book. Colin Firth who played Lord Henry was great as always. I liked the movie well enough to recommend it and will look for the 1945 black & white version.









Verdict:
❤❤❤❤❤❤

My Review of the Book

1 comment:

  1. I'd really like to read this one sometime and I'll probably watch it too, although I think is the second review I've read that mentioned it doesn't follow the book very well. It sounds like it my be good though, even though it's different :)

    ReplyDelete